Friday, October 4, 2013

"Let's go get some glowy things"

It's not often you hear someone say something like that. So Jay and I were amused when we heard this comment behind us last night. We were even more delighted when we looked over and saw that it was a couple in their late 50s, and he was donning a spectacular Hawaiian shirt. Good for you, sir. Good for you.

I think that's a good idea for all of us, really.

In the middle of a government shutdown, on a day when a mentally-ill woman was involved in a car chase/shooting situation at the Capitol and more people than ever are taking one pharmaceutical or another, I can 't think of better advice than walking into the entrance of EPCOT after work and buying some "glowy things."

Earlier that night, I saw a Facebook post from a friend of mine who had just checked in a few miles away to the "Not So Scary Halloween Party" at the Magic Kingdom to go trick or treating.

And again, I thought to myself, why do grown ups not do this more often. Have you been trick or treating lately? (We went to this party a couple of weeks ago, and it's really very satisfying. At the end, you can still trade your candy with your friends or family).

I also wished a happy birthday online to one of my fabulous Jazzercise instructors, who was wearing a sparkly tiara on her head for the occasion, and she was lamenting the fact that she couldn't wear one every day. Well why not, I say?

Maybe what Congress needs right now is some trick-or-treating - and a good ol' fashioned candy swap. Almond Joy for a Butterfinger? OK, but only if you through in an M&M too.

1 comment:

  1. I have found a second childhood through Griffin. We sit in the floor and play with Legos and Hot Wheels cars. We make cookies and put WAY too many sprinkles on them. We just recently picked up a book that is chock full of experiments you can do with candy. But if you don't have a kid, don't let that stop you. We only get one go-round, so do it up right!

    ReplyDelete