Friday, January 10, 2014

A change in the wind: Part 2

December 2013 was a whirlwind.

I left my job at Intelliguide, and sadly, some wonderful people. But I easily shed the things that sent me looking for a new opportunity  in the first place - most of all, hours that were too long and some crazy clients.

When we moved to Central Florida, (and even when we visited on trips), we passed this giant building just off of I-4 with a four-story glass atrium. Now I work there. Kind of crazy.
Atrium of AAA National Building in Heathrow, Fla. at Christmastime.

And really, it's the path of everything that came before now that led me here. I wouldn't have been considered without my travel connections at Northstar. So for that, I am very thankful.

So since November, it's been crazy busy with visits from my parents, Jay's mother and grandmother, leaving a job, starting a job and two holidays.

It's a new future and a chance for a fresh start. I feel sort of like Mary Poppins - there was a change in the wind, and when I let go and let it take me where I needed to go, I ended up with this new job, better hours and a new outlook on the future.

Speaking of letting things go, during some time that we had off, we saw the new Disney movie, "Frozen." So much of the music is wonderful, but the breakout hit, "Let it Go" had a line that just really stuck with me - and I think I'll try to embrace it.
View from the Lakeside Cafe. 

"It's time to see what I can do, to test the limits and break through, no right -- no wrong, no rules for me, I'm free."

We only live once and waiting to be rich enough, thin enough, smart enough or successful enough to try other things defeats the purpose of living a full life. I would say let the storm rage on - the cold never bothered me anyway, but I feel like our seas are getting calmer all the time. So, instead, I'll just toast to changing winds.

1 comment: