Tuesday, January 14, 2014

For Inspiration: Assignments for a new year

One of the hardest things for me when I start a new job is remembering all of the new names. I was especially afraid of that this last time because the team is much bigger than at my last job and I'm not great at remembering for

But during a staff meeting today, I was able to go around the table today an mentally check off everyone and match names to faces. So that's a pretty good feeling.

Everyone got their assignments for the year, too, so we can plan out what we'll be spending our time on - which generally appeals to my type-A personality.

Today was also energizing because I found out that some of the people who've been working here for a long time had some of the same questions I do about some of the new projects that are coming up. So that's comforting. It gives me the feeling that I'm on more equal footing with them.

As far as the work itself, I'm pretty comfortable that I'll be able to research and write everything well - it's just a matter of putting everything in the right place and making sure I don't crash the content management system, which is pretty complicated. It's not hard, but there's a different screen for almost every process. I'm sure in a few months it'll be second nature.

All in all though, I feel like my transition is going pretty well. I'm very thankful and feel so lucky.

It's a great environment and the people are funny, smart and helpful. We even cut up a bunch during the team meeting. Everyone obviously works really hard, but they know that at the end of the day, they have done what they can. Of course, there are frustrations like anywhere else, but we work through those, and I'm finding it much easier to just let those things roll off my back.

I feel like I've really gotten into the groove.

No comments:

Post a Comment